Date: 10.2.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 519
Bestessay.dehaorhan.com #Dartmouth essay writing

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Dartmouth essay writing

Dartmouth essay writing

Mar/Thu/2018 | Uncategorized

Applying to Dartmouth: Answering Your Questions

Have last minute questions about your application? We re chatting with Lee Coffin, our dean of admissions, and Dino Koff, our

Complete Guide: Dartmouth Admission Requirements - PrepScholar

Dartmouth essay writing

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
Guide to the 2016 Dartmouth College Essay Prompts

Anne Lamott#8217;s Overture: Lily Pads. Anne Lamott’s “Overture: Lily Pads”, presents a chain of stumbled steps throughout her life by showing that each stagger has made her stronger and demonstrated that every misfortune and tribulation of dartmouth essay writing, her existence has allowed her to become one step closer to God. Thesis On China? My objective is to obtain an enhanced understanding of the nature and function of Anne Lamott’s journey into her selected religion, which ends with her choosing Christianity by accepting Jesus’ everlasting love into her life. Dartmouth Essay? I will explain her journey as well as how I think she understands the get a quote paper concept of dartmouth essay, being “born again”. I wish to present how her definition, perspective and understanding resembles or possibly even differs from that of get a quote, my own, enabling me to dartmouth essay writing, examine and understand from another’s point of view. Anne Lamott’s mother and pollution thesis statement, father were far from that of dartmouth writing, faith and had the mindset that believing meant that you were dim-witted. Noise? I think Lamott’s father had a huge impact on her prolonged journey into Christianity as she clearly explains his hatred of the faith.

Growing up yearning for his contentment and dartmouth writing, approval she pretends to dismiss God to make him happy. Her journey starts with a love for Catholic Church. Her ideas and perception of God stemmed from her friends beliefs and her own youthful personal viewpoints. In A Paper? She grew up in writing a house overflowing with alcohol, pot, and atheism, altogether unmistakably interfering with her walk with Christ. As a child she prayed alone: “I just know I always believed and that I did not tell a soul” (Lamott 624). She becomes drawn to Judaism as an effect of having many Jewish college friends, but doesn#8217;t actually convert. Analtical Essay? However after reading a Christian bible story in one of her classes she states, “I left class believing – accepting – that there was a God” (Lamott 635).

Throughout the next few pages her views on Christianity continue to change, as she goes back and forth from having faith in Christ to dartmouth, revisiting her drug and sex crazed life. The meeting of a new preacher and visiting the Church from time to make foldable report, time guides her the way back to God. Towards the last few pages of the dartmouth essay writing writing Lamott is visited by Jesus after illness following a recent abortion, evaporating all of her disbeliefs, fears and enabling her to read a senior thesis, gradually dispose of the essay things she felt was immoral in her life, ending with a solid and blessed foundation of trust and make foldable report, faith. Anne Lamott clearly expresses the highs and lows of her Christian walk, enabling the audience to grasp the variety of influences and furthermore illustrating that her spirituality is actually the tie that binds them all together. My understanding of the concept being “born again” refers to being born from above. From my viewpoint being #8220;born again#8221; means knowing that God and Jesus are real. Being overflowed with the Holy Spirit that brings the sensation of dartmouth essay writing, peace and understanding. To be born again is being forgiven for all past sin, no matter what obscurities or crimes you have committed in the past, as the glorious mercy of citing in a research paper, God is given freely.

To be born again is to wipe your slate clean, to eliminate all bad habits and sins as well as sticking to the rules of the bible. Anne Lamott’s teenage understanding of “born again” was that of a negative one as a result of her newly saved English teacher. Lamott writes; “I wept in Sue’s class at essay, the betrayal, and the gentle patronizing efforts to console me” (631). This was a consequence of her teacher’s decision to now portray and foldable book, educate her student’s through Christ’s eyes. This had a negative effect on Lamott, leading her in the opposite direction of Jesus, forcing her to obtain aggravated and argumentative behavior towards other Christians. Anne Lamott’s passage describes the dartmouth moment of her conversion into Christianity, she writes; “I hung my head and said “Fuck it: I quite. I took a long deep breath and said out loud, “All right.

You can come in” (643). My personal idea of being born again perhaps wouldn’t include coarse language and just ‘allowing” Jesus in, but would include graveling at a senior, his feet, praying and yearning for his forgiveness of all my thoughtless sins. Which is dartmouth essay writing, why Anne Lamott’s understanding of research, being saved differs so very much from my own. Nearing the end of the text we learn of Anne Lamott’s baptism, following pregnancy through a man she was dating. This additionally shows the difference between my own and Lamott’s beliefs. It demonstrates that she isn’t completely following Gods will, untraditionally creating a human life outside of the family structure God intended for every child. In ‘Corinthians 7:2’ of the ‘Holy Bible’ it explains that countless sinful people have immoral sex outside of wedlock and should first be married, so the saved can fulfill their passions in writing a moral way. Although I consider myself to be a fresh believer, I feel that I should practice Gods requests, in citing source paper return teaching me right from essay, wrong. Although Anne Lamott’s Christian beliefs may not be considered perfect to some, in her defense she does not pretend to noise thesis, have her life entirely in order. It is a remarkable story of how Jesus has had such a prominent impact on her life. ‘Overture: Lily Pads’ is a clear and essay writing, genuine example for any reader to relate to, as it is similar to our own journeys in life.

It immediately goes to show that what we believe in the beginning is not always the thesis on china conclusion we come to in the end. However the journey is all about the essay writing ride, helping us to grasp the process and exercise what we discover along the way. Haven’t found what you want? 12-22 Newhall St, Birmingham B3 3AS, UK [emailprotected] Hi there, would you like to get such a paper?

How about receiving a customized one? Check it out.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
Top 2 Dartmouth Admissions Essays - Study Notes

Patterns of Rhythm and Rhyme in dartmouth writing, Poetry. Kyiv National Linguistic University. Rhyme is for a custom, a complete or almost complete coincidence of writing, acoustic images produced by stressed syllables. It is created by get a quote custom paper the repetition of the same sounds in the last stressed syllable of two (or more) lines in writing, a stanza. Rhyming words are generally placed at a regular distance from read each other and in verse they are usually placed at the end of the corresponding lines. Identity and particularly similarity of sound combinations may be relative. For instance, we distinguish between full rhymes and incomplete rhymes. The full rhyme presupposes identity of the vowel sound and the following consonant sounds in a stressed syllable, as in might – right; needless – heedless.

When there is identity of the stressed syllable, including the initial consonant of the writing, second syllable (in polysyllabic words), we have exact (identical) rhymes. Incomplete rhymes can be divided into for a custom essay two main groups: * vowel rhymes – the vowels of the syllables in corresponding words are identical, but the consonants may be different: e.g. flesh – fresh – press. * consonant rhymes – show concordance in consonants and disparity in vowels: e.g. worth – forth; tale – tool; treble – trouble; flung – long. By the type of the stressed syllable we distinguish: * the male rhyme – when the stress falls on the last syllable in the rhymed lines, * the female rhyme when it falls on the last but one syllable: e.g. When the lamp is shattered (female rhyme)

The light in the dust lies dead; (male rhyme) When the cloud is scattered, (female) The rainbow's glory is dartmouth essay writing, shed… (male). . The poem, “The Raven” written by Edgar Allen Poe is pollution, a very exceptional poem with several poetic devices like Alliteration, Personification, Metaphor, Connotation, and Foreshadowing that all work together to create an effect based around several themes such as Sadness, love and depression. “The Raven” uses musical sounds and rhythmic pattern style of writing. To carry out this musical effect, Poe uses internal rhyme “Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December” (Raven: 7). He also uses end rhyme “Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door/ This it is, and nothing more Raven: 17-18) and a regular pattern of accented and unaccented syllables. This form of writing uses a stressed syllable then unstressed syllable, “Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary” (Raven: 1) indicated by dartmouth writing the highlighted words. This type of meter is known as trochaic octameter.

Edgar Allen Poe created a dark and citing source in a, gloomy atmosphere from the beginning all the way to the end of “The Raven”. Dartmouth! The ways Poe orchestrates this setting is by using Alliteration “Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary” (Raven: 1) which represent the time of day the narrator is situated in and it also shows the feelings that is triggered by a long day or some other force. There are also certain words that were used that have many different meanings which is known as Connotation. Some of these are “Ponder” (Raven: 1) which brings the read a senior, idea of. Words: 774 - Pages: 4. . Annie Salinas Professor King English 1302 May 3,2012 Literary Research Paper In the late 1800’s there was a great legend made in the history of poetry. Emily Dickinson, a famous American Poet who resided in Amherst Massachusetts, was born to dartmouth writing a successful family who was thought of highly by many members of the citing in a research, community. Although, her reluctance to meet and greet people and her reputation of keeping to herself, made people think of her as strange and anti-social. Dickinson studied at the Amherst Academy in dartmouth essay writing, Massachusetts. However, even though Dickinson did not have many relationships with friends or people, this did not stop her from making the best out of for a paper, her career. As a private prolific poet, Dickson was blessed with great success dealing with her poetry. She has had about one thousand eight hundred of her poems published in her life time, including After great pain, a formal feeling comes, and dartmouth essay writing, I heard a Fly buzz-when I died-; two poems which Dickinson is popular for today.

These two poems strongly illustrate a theme of death and dying, to assist the reader understand and analyze the depth of this theme; Dickinson uses strong symbolism, tone, and read a senior, figurative language throughout her works. Writing! Dickinson’s symbolism throughout these two poems is strong and thesis on china, magnificent. In After great pain, a formal feeling comes the author uses many objects to symbolize feelings having to relate with the dartmouth, major theme of death and citing in a paper, dying. “The nerves sit ceremonious, like Tombs. Words: 1166 - Pages: 5. . INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY Poetry: for and against Submitted by: Arusha tufail Reg# 734 POETRY: FOR AND AGAINST POETRY: The word poetry is taken from a Greek word poieo which means I create. It is an art form in which human language is used for its aesthetic qualities in addition to, or instead of, its notional and semantic content. It consists largely of dartmouth writing, oral or literary works in which language is used in a manner that is felt by book its user and audience to differ from ordinary prose. BRIEF HISTORY OF POETRY: Poetry as an art form predates literacy.

In preliterate societies, poetry was frequently employed as a means of dartmouth essay writing, recording oral history, storytelling (epic poetry), genealogy, law and other forms of a senior thesis, expression or knowledge that modern societies might expect to be handled in prose. Some writers believe that poetry has its origins in song. Dartmouth Essay! Most of the characteristics that distinguish it from a senior thesis other forms of utterance—rhythm, rhyme, compression, intensity of feeling, the use of refrains—appear to have come about from efforts to essay fit words to pollution thesis statement musical forms. However, in the European tradition the earliest surviving poems, the Homeric and Hesiodic epics, identify themselves as poems to be recited or chanted to a musical accompaniment rather than as pure song. ARGUMENTS ON POETRY: The Plato has criticized poetry as an imitative art in his book Republica. Plato narrated in his book that to have an dartmouth writing ideal state, it is necessary to ban all imitative art forms as they. Words: 1850 - Pages: 8. . Source In A Research Paper! Denise Burnside Assignment 4 ENG 125 Instructor diGualco 2/11/2013 Poetry is unique way to express life challenges with a little rhythm and rhyme here and there.

The way poems a rouse feeling and dartmouth essay writing, imagination is what makes them so resourceful. There are so many things about thesis on china a poem that could have meaning. The perfect words for a poem could take imagination on a journey. The poem that caught my attention is “Mirror” by dartmouth essay writing Sylvia Plath. Report! “Poetry has a compressed quality; the language of poetry refines ideas and feelings, making them both incisive and penetrating. Poets are always in search of just the right word, just the right tone (Clugston, 2010)”. “This search produces the beauty and dignity that have always characterized poetry.

As well, this artful process sometimes produces witty assertions wrapped in clever phrases or humor. When original thoughts of this kind have a memorable quality, they are called aphorisms or maxims (Clugston, 2010).” The content of this poem is what caught my attention and aphorisms (clever phrases). Writing! I really like this poem because it holds so much truth. My understanding was that, this was simply a mirror telling the citing research paper, story of its purpose and survival. I think the mirror represented certainty. It's the only place that you can find unbiased truth. Dartmouth Essay! We tell untruth to ourselves, others lie to us and so I think that what Plath is trying to represent is that when you finally do see the. Words: 482 - Pages: 2. . ABOUT THE AUTHOR MICHAEL KWAKU KESSE SOMUAH was born in Akim-Oda but a native of Obo-Kwahu, Ghana, in December 1984 and was educated at the Hermann Gmeiner School (SOS)-Tema, Presbyterian Boys Secondary School (Accra), before pursuing his Bachelor’s Degree in Management studies at the University of Cape Coast. He holds a Graduate Diploma in Business Management and Commercial Management from the analtical essay, Institute of writing, Commercial Management-UK. Thesis On China! Michael’s poems have been translated into other languages, including Greek, Croatian, Polish and have appeared in anthologies and several prominent international journals such as The World Poetry Anthology 2011, Larissa Greece, Collage- The best of poetry space 2010 Anthology (UK), The Enchanting Verses Poetry Journal Issue IX (India), Malawian Journals, The New Crusading Guide Volumes 3 and 8 (Ghana),Poems of the World Quarterly Magazine (USA), OW NEWS Monthly Newsletter (Canada), Face language, Poetry Space Magazine (UK), and have been the featured poet for May/June 2010 on an online poetry magazine Bristol-UK, forthcoming Anthologies, and blogs on essay www.mkksomuah@wordpress.com Michael was honored with the Kostis Palamas Poetry Prize award of Peace and an Honorary Diploma in Poetry for appreciation, and exceptional excellence in Poetry, Greece, July 2011 and have been the celebrated and profiled Featured poet for August/September 2011 on Poetryspace-(UK). Michael made Africa and Ghana proud as the only participant, and read at the.

Words: 273 - Pages: 2. . Make Foldable! If you are just beginning to delve into the world of poetry, you may initially feel overwhelmed by the occasional ambiguity and inaccessibility of this literary style. However, learning the elements and poetic tools used to build a poem will help to understand and analyze poems. Getting Started 1) Give yourself a lot of time to read the poem several times. Trying reading it out loud. 2) Have a copy of the essay writing, poem that you can take notes on. As you read, write down every observation, question, or feeling you get from the quote for a essay, poem as you read.

Pay special attention to how the poem begins and ends. 3) Use your notes as entry points to begin your investigation and analysis of the poem. Ask yourself what elements in the poem lead you to the particular observation and how the dartmouth writing, poet achieves this effect. 4) Always keep in mind that the poet uses poetic devices to statement achieve a particular effect. Breaking up the poem into formal poetic components enhances your understanding of the poem’s overall theme, tone, and/or general purpose. Essay Writing! In other words, use form to get a quote for a custom paper understand the content and create a thesis about the poem. Here are some elements and dartmouth essay, corresponding poetic devices you can focus on. Note: Many of these divisions are arbitrary.

Poetic elements frequently overlap. For definitions of the make foldable book report, underlined terms see the UWC Definitions of Poetic Devices handout. Content: How does the dartmouth writing, tone of the speaker and the context of the work change your understanding of quote for a custom essay paper, the. Words: 1002 - Pages: 5. Patterns of dartmouth writing, Rhythm and a senior thesis, Rhyme in Poetry. . Dartmouth Essay! MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE, YOUTH AND SPORT OF UKRAINE Kyiv National Linguistic University “Patterns of thesis on china, rhythm and rhyme in poetry” Kyiv - 2012 Rhyme is a complete or almost complete coincidence of dartmouth writing, acoustic images produced by stressed syllables.

It is created by the repetition of the same sounds in the last stressed syllable of noise, two (or more) lines in a stanza. Rhyming words are generally placed at a regular distance from each other and in verse they are usually placed at the end of the dartmouth, corresponding lines. Identity and make foldable report, particularly similarity of dartmouth, sound combinations may be relative. Analtical Essay! For instance, we distinguish between full rhymes and essay, incomplete rhymes. The full rhyme presupposes identity of the vowel sound and the following consonant sounds in a stressed syllable, as in make, might – right; needless – heedless. When there is identity of the stressed syllable, including the initial consonant of the second syllable (in polysyllabic words), we have exact (identical) rhymes. Dartmouth Essay Writing! Incomplete rhymes can be divided into two main groups: * vowel rhymes – the vowels of the syllables in corresponding words are identical, but the consonants may be different: e.g. flesh – fresh – press. * consonant rhymes – show concordance in consonants and disparity in vowels: e.g. worth – forth; tale – tool; treble – trouble; flung – long.

By the. Words: 1208 - Pages: 5. . example, is works with alliteration, that is when a series of words begin with the same letter while remaining in beat. Meanwhile, the kind of poetry we are used to has end rhyme. Even this pattern can be slightly altered by having the end words match in pollution thesis statement, two syllables [singing and flinging]. This is named feminine rhyme (why, I don't know), and while there are times that it appears in serious works, most often this type of matching of two last syllables creates a light fun touch. The pattern of rhyme can also vary: The Sonnet, the dartmouth essay writing, Heroic and Ballad all by their nature lay out very specific patterns of rhyme within and between stanzas (or verses). Also students should know that rhyme has been discarded entirely, called free verse, leaving only the thesis on china, beat or rhythm of the essay writing, words to create a sense of pattern.

Order and Pattern formed by Rhythm While I will not go into source in a paper this at the present the student should also know that poetry can be categorized by its method of rhythm and time. . .in other words its beat. Major Types • Epic -- The epic poem is the granddaddy of all poetry. Writing! The actual subjects and the original forms are lost in antiquity because they come from the oral period of a culture's development. Only late do authors like Homer gather together and thesis on china, weave into a cohesive whole an epic work. Essay Writing! The epic poem can be defined partly by its length and its usual heroic subject matter.

However, the epic also serves the listeners by defining their role within the. Words: 696 - Pages: 3. . passion and, finally, becomes a means of analtical essay, transcendence; a means of seeing the dartmouth writing, world and the people close to her in a way that could only custom be described as beautiful, genuine and essay, poetic. Read A Senior! For while Mija does not initially understand the death of the young girl, Agnes, through poetry, she is dartmouth writing, able to citing source paper see it clearly. Lee begins the film with a mesmerizing image of rushing water in a river stream. What will follow is the writing, root all conflict in Poetry: a lack of empathy – or understanding – of thesis on china, another human being; something that Mija will desperately try to amend.

Gazing at the stream, we share the same thought with a young child on essay the riverbank nearby: is there something in the water? What slowly emerges into view is the corpse of a young girl. Her name is Agnes; and as revealed later through her diary, she accused six classmates of having serially raped her. One of these classmates is Wook. While quiet and calm, this sequence reveals a heartbreaking truth; a certain poetic clarity to the reason and rhyme behind Agnes’ death. For A! Her corpse, drifting in the river, seems to say that her death was anything but tragic for those who caused it.

The fact that her body was tossed away, and the indifferent, lifeless way in which it floats along the river is symbolic of the very indifference she was killed with. Dartmouth Essay! In this sense, while the extended length of this sequence allows the viewer to meditate over, and grasp the implications of research, Agnes’ death, it also sets the writing, stage for understanding the. Words: 2354 - Pages: 10. . Thesis On China! http://www.scribd.com/doc/91232702/English-Literature-Revision In Paris With You: Summary: ‘In Paris with You’ is related by the narrator whose relationship has just ended and who is now in writing, Paris with someone else. Thesis On China! The narrator doesn’t want to examine the aftermath of the serious relationship. This means he doesn't want to writing talk things over or even visit galleries or landmarks; he just wants to thesis enjoy the moment rather than thinking of the writing, future or the past. Structure: The poem has four stanzas of five or six lines, with a longer stanza of thesis on china, nine lines in the centre, acting as a chorus in which the essay writing, mood of the get a, poem changes.

The first half of the poem deals with the lead up to the current situation; the second half is concerned with enjoying the present. The repeated line I'm in Paris with you - and variations on it -can be described as a refrain (lines that are repeated in a song). The use of repetition reflects the speaker's insistent concentration on the present. The poem has a regular rhyme scheme in the four stanzas adding to dartmouth the poem's musical quality. The stanza in the centre of the poem makes use of half rhyme. The contrasting rhyme of Elysees and sleazy gives a comic effect. The Farmer’s Bride: Summary: The poem tells the story of a farmer who marries a maid and refers to their early experience of marriage. It is told from the farmer’s perspective; his wife is not given voice. She appears to be badly affected by the experience of quote for a paper, marriage. Words: 976 - Pages: 4. . roads is grassy, and another moment both roads are equally covered with fresh yellow leaves. It’s evident to me that the text of the poem, this title, is about opportunities lost trough out our lives.

New path doesn’t always guarantee the right destination in life. Dartmouth Essay! “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost consists of four stanzas. Each stanza consists of five lines, which are called qutains. Consequently each quintain has the rhyme scheme of ABAAB as for example in first line: “Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could…” Above, deceivingly, simple poem becomes tricky and complicated. Get A For A Essay! It still has a rhythm and rhyme scheme, however; it’s concealed as the writing, true struggle of the for a paper, speaker who chooses his path. In summary, poem’s speaker undergoes internal conflict in his life. He faces very important decision in his life, and dartmouth, with such decisions comes equally important outcome on the speaker’s life. He has come to a split in his path. Book Report! It’s autumn, possibly the end of his life journey. Dartmouth! He is clearly unsure which way he will go, and struggles with the notion of wanting to go both paths. He examines one path in life as much as he can, but decides to venture on the one not as worn as the other. Foldable Report! The roads are essentially the same, even the leaves on both are quite fresh.

The traveler reflects how he is planning to essay writing venture another path, but he realizes that he most. Words: 811 - Pages: 4. . Poetry Essay “The Road Not Taken” By Robert Frost Robert Frost wrote the poem “The Road Not Taken,” which is a lyrical poem that uses symbolism, emotion and citing source in a paper, imagery to portray a decision making process in his life. Frost was a young person with decisions to make concerning his future and the path to take. In (line 1) you can see the symbolism of yellow wood, which could be the early time of day or the early time of his life. In (line 4) he stands “And looked down one as far as I could.” The path is symbolic in that Frost realizes he cannot physically see the end of the writing, path nor can he see the end of the path of his life. In (line 2) Forest says And sorry I could not travel both emphasizes the yearning for the two paths before him. This is symbolic in analtical essay, that he could not travel down both paths, and he must choose one.

This is a representation of good and evil and choosing how to make the right decision. Dartmouth Essay Writing! In (line 15) “I doubted if I should ever come back” this is symbolic of the doubt Frost has for his future and get a for a custom, the choices of the two paths before him. In the poem Frost shows himself to be an adventurer by saying in (line 12) “In leaves no step had trodden black” this is the path Frost takes, which is the one less traveled. Frost feels good about the decision that he has made with the closing of the poem by saying, “I took the one less traveled by, and dartmouth writing, that has made all the difference.” Robert Frost comes to the decision on what path to. Words: 766 - Pages: 4. . development * The anapaestic rhythm in The Laboratory is very ‘sing-song’ and belongs to nursery rhyme; what does this tell us about the mentality of the speaker? * What is the effect of the contrast between subject matter and the rhythm and rhyme that belongs to the nursery rhyme convention?

How does it contribute to the disturbing nature of the speaker? * How do the Duke’s periodic sentences convey a personality who is accustomed to being listened to and to not being interrupted? What is the irony of: | THE LABORATORY QUOTATIONS “Grind away, moisten and mash up thy paste” | POINT Frequent use of analtical essay, enjambed lines in The Laboratory convey the speaker’s loss of control, her derangement and seething anger. In My Last Duchess, elegant phrasing gives way to a sudden caesura, which provides a shock of venom and essay writing, blind rage. For the in a paper, development * Focus on the Duke’s breakdown of language, his loss of control to dartmouth essay reveal a sordid personality. * Comment on source in a research the use of punctuation in the caesura as contributing to a sense of his loss of dartmouth writing, control. | THE LABORATORY QUOTATIONS | MY LAST DUCHESS QUOTATIONS “She thanked me, -good! But thanked –“ “not the first are you to analtical essay turn and writing, ask thus” | DEVELOPMENT | MY LAST DUCHESS QUOTATIONS. Words: 1628 - Pages: 7. . LIT 2030: Interpretation of Poetry – Paper One – Fall 2012 At this point, you have read and discussed a number of different pieces of poetry from thesis a wide range of cultural contexts and aesthetic agendas.

Furthermore, you have learned some of the core elements of poetry and continue to build upon and deploy a growing lexicon of terms with each class you attend. This assignment tasks you with creating an original claim about a poem, locating textual evidence to support your argument, and then synthesizing said evidence with thoughtful analysis to prove your claim. In this first-major essay, you are working on close-reading skills and are prohibited from using any outside sources whatsoever. This means you will compose your argument and subtopics based solely off your reading of the text. Dartmouth Essay! It is not reasonable to expect a strong argument to read a senior leap from your forehead, nuanced, sophisticated, and fully formed the dartmouth, night before class. But if you keep the assignment in mind during our discussions and thesis on china, when reading on your own, you are more far more likely to come up with a strong, provable thesis. In closing, I encourage you to understand writing to be a process that one improves at over time and dartmouth, is continually fine-tuned.

The sooner you get to work, the source research paper, faster you will see results. Assignment: Utilizing one of the essay writing, poems we have discussed in class, you will come up with an original argument that lends itself to a more sophisticated understanding of the piece by analyzing. Words: 772 - Pages: 4. . Visual poetry is literary verse written on the page with intentional form to get a for a custom essay paper add meaning to the poem. The form may take on a recognizable shape, or may use a free formed pattern to create a new rhythm when reading the poem out loud. These shapes and rhythms are typically tied to the central ideas and essay writing, themes contained within the poems, and a senior thesis, often serve to reinforce those concepts. Dartmouth Writing! Visual poetry is poetry or art in which the make foldable book, visual arrangement of text, images and symbols is important in dartmouth writing, conveying the intended effect of the foldable report, work. Confusingly, it is sometimes referred to as concrete poetry, a term that predates visual poetry. When I Was a Baby When I was a baby I cried spreading my voice through the house, beckoning for a response.

When I cried My blue pajamas wiggled, squirmed and dartmouth writing, turned against the rails of the crib prison When I was a baby, my small hands grasped the air as I inhaled, gathering one more breath to cry out for a meal and a cuddle When my tones reached through the analtical essay, air to my parents they would finally wake When I cried, they'd come to me I'd stop crying, look innocently upward and smile as I was lifted into caring arms When I was a baby Visual poetry uses the page as a canvas to essay visually represent the themes, subjects, or sentiments of words in a variety of shapes and book, forms. The beauty of the visual format lies in essay writing, the poet’s ability to foldable book mark, prescribe, or record process; the replication of shape; or the.

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -
Dartmouth supplement essay 2016 - Mba Essay Writing - QSON COM

Ten Easy Ways to Improve Your Resume: Tips for Job-Seekers. by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. In my line of work, I see hundreds of resumes, and I often see the same patterns over and over again. I frequently observe resume tendencies that are not necessarily mistakes, yet the job-seekers behind these resumes could have much nicer, cleaner, more readable resumes if they just tweaked a few things. Writing! And none of these tweaks are hard to a senior accomplish. Even if your resume has other problems, you’ll see significant improvements if you make these 10 easy fixes. Use a bulleted style to dartmouth writing make your resume more reader-friendly. Given that employers screen resumes for as few as 6 seconds, they will find your resume a lot more readable if you use bullet points instead of paragraph style.

It’s just easier to read. Follow “The Resume Ingredients Rule.” Set forth by Donald Asher, author of numerous resume books (see our QA with him), the pollution statement rule says that information on a resume should be listed in order of importance to the reader. Therefore, in dartmouth essay writing listing your jobs, what’s generally most important is your title/position. So list in this preferred order: Title/position, name of employer, city/state of thesis on china, employer, dates of employment. I can’t tell you how many resumes I’ve seen that list dates first. Dates can be important to dartmouth essay writing some employers, but they’re generally not as important as what your position was and thesis on china whom you worked for. Not only that, but listing dates first can hurt you with the software employers use (Applicant Tracking Systems) to screen resumes. Essay! “To ensure applicant tracking systems read and import your work experience properly,” Meridith Levinson wrote on CIO.com,” never start your work experience with the dates you held certain positions.” Education follows the same principle; thus, the preferred order for listing your education is: Name of degree (spelled out: Bachelor of ———) in name of major, name of university, city/state of make foldable book report, university, graduation year, followed by peripheral information, such as minor and GPA. If you haven’t graduated yet, list your information the dartmouth essay same way. Simply by virtue of the fact that the graduation date you’ve listed is in the future, the quote custom paper employer will know you don’t have the degree yet. If you’re not comfortable listing your grad date when you don’t yet have the degree, you can say, for example, “expected May 2014.”

By the way, the Resume Ingredients Rule is also the reason that experience and education are listed in reverse chronological order on your resume; it’s assumed that your most recent education and experience are most important and relevant to the reader. Eliminate “responsibilities” words from dartmouth writing, your resume vocabulary. Never use expressions like “Duties included,” “Responsibilities included,” or “Responsible for” on your resume. Why? Because your resume should be accomplishments-driven, not responsibilities-driven.

Anyone (well, maybe not anyone…) can perform the duties listed in thesis on china a job description. Job-description language is not what sells in a resume. Accomplishments-oriented language tells employers how you’ve gone above and beyond in your jobs, what makes you special, how you’ve taken initiative and writing made your jobs your own. Noise! Check out dartmouth writing, our article, For Job-Hunting Success: Track/Leverage Your Accomplishments, and a senior thesis Accomplishments Worksheet. Eliminate clutter from your resume. Several elements can clutter up your resume and essay impede readability: Unnecessary dates.

Don’t list dates that don’t add anything to your resume; for example, dates you spent involved in college extracurricular activities. If you were involved in source paper these activities during college, the reader can pretty much guess your dates of involvement, and listing the dates will just clutter up your document. Same with dates of involvement in dartmouth professional or civic organizations; ask yourself if those dates will be meaningful to the employer reading your resume. Citing Research Paper! Parentheses. Job-seekers have a particular tendency to set off dates of employment with parentheses. Dartmouth Essay Writing! It’s easier on the reader if you just use commas.

The line “References: Available upon request.” This statement is highly optional because it is thesis on china a given that you will provide references upon dartmouth essay writing, request. If you couldn’t, you would have no business looking for citing source paper, a job. The line can serve the purpose of signaling: “This is the end of my resume,” but if you are trying to conserve space, leave it off. Articles. Those little words “a,” “an,” and “the.” Generally speaking, resumes aren’t written in sentence form, but in essay writing concise phrases that have become an accepted shorthand that employers understand. Articles tend to clutter up that shorthand; your resume will read in a more streamlined manner without them.

Consider these “before” and “after” examples: Aren’t the “After” versions a lot more streamlined? Use strong, concrete verbs to describe your jobs, and quote paper don’t mix noun and verb phrases. Let’s look at essay, this example: Managed and controlled all aspects of company’s West Coast presence. [verb] Complete ownership of inventory and financial standards. [noun] Full PL responsibilities. [noun] Analyzed market and forecast sales, prepared corporate budgets and monitored results to achieve ROI objectives. [verb] Instead, be consistent with verbs: Supervised inventory and financial standards. Completely oversaw profit and loss aspects of operation. Also avoid the weak verbs, “to be,” “to do,” and “to work.” Everyone works. Be more specific. “Collaborate(d)” is often a good substitute.

Instead of: “Worked with Marketing Department to launch promotional campaign,” say “Collaborated with Marketing Department to launch promotional campaign.” Focus on describing past job activities that highlight the skills you most like to use and want to use in book your next job. Don’t waste words, for example, describing all that clerical stuff you did in a past job if you have no intention of doing clerical work again. Even if you’ve mastered skills that are in great demand, don’t emphasize them if they’re not the skills you want to use in the future. Writing! Don’t fret about the one-page resume rule. Read Thesis! Sure, it’s nice to keep your resume to one page if you can, but don’t go to extraordinary lengths, such as by using tiny type. If you have significant experience, you’ll probably need more than one page. What you should avoid is having one full page with just a little bit of text on essay, your second page. If you fill a third or less of the second page, consider condensing to make one page. Essay! Ways to condense: Narrow your margins.

The margins in Microsoft Word are set very wide by default. You can have margins as narrow as .75? all around and still have a nice-looking document. Use a smaller point size, but not too small. A font size of 11-point is good; don’t go smaller than 10.5-point. Many jobseekers use a two-column format with headings in get a quote custom the left-hand column. To conserve space, narrow or even eliminate the dartmouth essay left-hand column and simply stack your headings on thesis on china, top of each section. Formatting such as columns doesn’t work well with employers’ Applicant Tracking Systems.

Make sure your resume has a sharp focus. Again, given the essay writing microscopic amount of time that employers spend screening resumes, you need a way to show the employer at get a quote essay paper, a glance what you want to do and dartmouth essay what you’re good at. One way is to add a section called something like “Summary of Qualifications,” or “Profile.” Learn more in our article, Your Job-Search Resume Needs a Focal Point: How Job-Seekers Can Add Focus to Resumes. For examples of such sections, see most of the samples in our Sample Professional Resumes for All Job-Seekers, and thesis on china consider using our Resume Professional Profile/Qualifications Summary Worksheet. Don’t emphasize older experience on your resume.

The rule of thumb for someone at essay writing, the senior level is to spotlight about 15 years worth of jobs. Age discrimination, unfortunately, is a reality. Because many hiring decision-makers want to see your full experience, it’s best to list older experience in bare-bones fashion — with or without dates — in thesis on china a section labeled, “Previous Professional Experience.” Similarly, don’t give the writing date of thesis on china, your college graduation if it was more than about 10 years ago. Be sure the reader will understand all the dartmouth essay writing acronyms and jargon you use in your resume. Resumes in thesis on china the high-tech field are notorious for essay writing, these mysterious terms. Noise Pollution! We recently received a resume containing the following acronyms and dartmouth essay writing jargon: MCSE, MCP+I, TCP/IP, CCA, CCNA, token ring and PCMCIA network interface cards for LAN connectivity, NT Service Packs, Ethernet cards, Server 4.0, SQL 6.5, 7.0, Red Hat Linux 6.1, Turbo Linux 4.0 and Caldera 2.3, Cisco 2500 routers and switches. Now, chances are that employers in this jobseeker’s field understand all these terms. Just be sure that’s the a senior case. Spell out any acronyms you think could be questionable, and explain any terms you think some readers of your resume might not understand. College students, too, need to be aware of “inside” jargon.

At Stetson University, my alma mater, for example, we have an annual charity fundraiser called “Greenfeather;” freshman-orientation leaders called “FOCUS” advisers; and a volunteer organization called “Into the Streets.” The school’s graduates routinely use those terms on writing, their resumes without any explanation, as though everyone knows what Greenfeather, FOCUS, and Into the Streets mean. Make Foldable! Look at your resume from an outsider’s perspective — and dartmouth essay writing explain (or eliminate) any unfamiliar terms or acronyms. Bonus tip: Be sure to list locations (city and state) for all your past employers. It’s resume protocol to make report do so, and writing employers expect to analtical essay see that information. I’m constantly amazed at all the resumes I see that list names of past employers, but don’t tell where those employers are located. Questions about some of the terminology used in this article? Get more information (definitions and links) on key college, career, and job-search terms by going to our Job-Seeker’s Glossary of Job-Hunting Terms.

Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an educator, author, and blogger who provides content for dartmouth writing, Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine , an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and blogs about noise pollution statement storytelling in the job search at essay writing, A Storied Career . Thesis On China! Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates and A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and dartmouth with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters , Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to make foldable book report Study Skills (Alpha). Visit her personal Website or reach her by dartmouth e-mail at kathy(at)quintcareers.com. Check out Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus. QUINTESSENTIAL RESUME-WRITING PARTNER. LiveCareer’s Resume Builder is the fastest, most efficient way to build an effective resume. Featuring hundreds of templates and professional designs for all jobs and industries, Resume Builder also includes sample phrases written by our experts, plus helpful tips and advice to make your resume stand out. We’ll guide you step by get a paper step through the process, so you can build an impressive resume that will make employers want to know more. Dartmouth Essay! Ready to jump-start your job search and move closer to citing in a research paper reaching your goals?

Try Resume Builder today, and learn how easy it is to dartmouth essay writing create your own resume. We’re so confident that you’ll love Resume Builder that you can try it for FREE! ave you take advantage of all the foldable many fre resume tools, a ticles, samples, and more that we have in the Resume Resources section of Quintessential Careers? Building Tools That Build Better Work Lives. Since 2005, LiveCareer’s team of career coaches, certified resume writers, and savvy technologists have been developing career tools that have helped over 10 million users build stronger resumes, write more persuasive cover letters, and develop better interview skills. Use our free samples, templates, and writing guides and our easy-to-use resume builder software to dartmouth essay writing help land the job you want. Dr. Randall S. Hansen. Dr. Randall S. Hansen is founder of thesis, Quintessential Careers, one of the oldest and most comprehensive career development sites on the Web, as well CEO of essay, EmpoweringSites.com. He is thesis also founder of MyCollegeSuccessStory.com and EnhanceMyVocabulary.com.

He is publisher of Quintessential Careers Press, including the dartmouth essay Quintessential Careers electronic newsletter, QuintZine. Dr. Thesis On China! Hansen is also a published author, with several books, chapters in books, and hundreds of articles. Dartmouth Essay Writing! He’s often quoted in the media and conducts empowering workshops around the country. Finally, Dr. Hansen is also an educator, having taught at the college level for more than 15 years. Visit his personal Website or reach him by email at randall@quintcareers.com. Check out a senior, Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus.

Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and dartmouth writing associate publisher of get a for a custom, Quintessential Careers, is an educator, author, and blogger who provides content for Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine, an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and blogs about dartmouth essay storytelling in in a research paper the job search at A Storied Career. Dartmouth Essay Writing! Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from thesis on china, Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of essay writing, Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates and A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Citing In A Paper! Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters, Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and essay The Complete Idiot’s Guide to citing source paper Study Skills (Alpha). Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at kathy@quintcareers.com. Check out Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus. I AM A CAREER CHANGER This page is your key source for all things career-change related.

You’ll find some great free career-change tools and resources. Changing careers can be traumatic, especially if you have been in your current career for a long time, but you do not have to go through the process alone or [] Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog. Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.The Quintessential Careers Blog has moved!! These pages remain as an archive of our previous blog posts. Please check out the dartmouth essay writing new and improved Quintessential Careers Blog for Job-Seekers and Careerists. Interview Advice Job [] The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers.

The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer’s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and analtical essay employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to dartmouth essay the career and employment section of the analtical essay [] Quintessential Careers: I am a Career Coach or Counselor. The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer’s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and essay writing employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and employment section of the [] Mighty Recruiter Mighty Recruiter. Customer Service Customer Service.

800-652-8430 Mon- Fri 8am - 8pm CST. Sat 8am - 5pm CST, Sun 10am - 6pm CST Stay in touch with us.

Write My Paper -
Top 2 Dartmouth Admissions Essays - Study Notes

5 Tips for dartmouth writing, Writing a Concise B-School Admissions Essay. By Delece Smith-Barrow, Reporter | June 25, 2013, at analtical essay, 9:00 a.m. It can be tempting to use a dramatic intro in an essay, but a more direct opening can lower an applicant's word count. iSTOCKPHOTO. Business school admissions officers are sending a message to aspiring MBAs: write less, say more. A number of schools have recently trimmed the length of essays. For future applicants, the University of dartmouth essay Michigan's Ross School of Business lowered the total maximum word count for for a custom essay, essays by 450 words. The Business School at Columbia University slashed one essay from essay writing, 500 words to 250. The admissions team at Ross made the change in thesis on china part to indicate how much – or little – time applicants should spend on essays.

So many people were spending a lot of time on dartmouth essay, the essays and probably not as much time thinking about the other things, like their interviews or talking to their recommenders or even studying for the GMAT, says Soojin Kwon, the school's director of noise pollution thesis admissions. Essay Writing! The whole purpose of the essay and the interview is to just get a better understanding of where they're coming from and where they want to go to. Make Foldable Book! And I don't need to read a thousand words, 2,000 words, to understand that, she says. Crisp writing is a shared attribute among incoming students at Columbia. Many of our successful applicants have benefited from really being succinct and dartmouth writing direct in writing their essays, says Amanda Carlson, assistant dean of admissions at the business school. It's also a skill that can have long-term benefits for business school students. If you're called on thesis on china, in class it's going to be really important for the students to be able to answer in kind of a clear, direct, succinct way. And that's going to happen in the real world, too, she says. Aspiring MBAs can use a number of strategies to write a clear and concise essay, experts say.

Here are five of dartmouth their suggestions. 1. Write as much as you can: If prospective students think they should start by writing as few words as possible, they should think again, says Dave Bolick, creator of the site MBA-admissions.net. For 20 years, Bolick has been helping applicants improve their MBA application essays. Starting with more is analtical essay, definitely better than trying to dartmouth, fill space, says the graduate of the Haas School of Business at University of California—Berkeley. If a candidate is asked to discuss leadership experience, it's best to come up with five or six examples instead of committing to two or three, says Bolick. Then, an applicant can review the examples with others and evaluate which sound best.

If you started out with less material, you never would have gotten to analtical essay, the one that you're really excited about, he says. 2. Keep the intro simple and sharp: A lot of dartmouth essay people make the mistake of using a dramatic introduction, says Bolick. They think they have to say something gripping, he says. Like I used to read thesis, be a sky diver or I climbed Mount Everest. He encourages MBA applicants to be more direct, as a sensational introduction can inadvertently lead students to ramble and not answer the question. Dartmouth Essay! 3. Avoid flattery: A great school already knows it's great, says Bolick. It's a waste of thesis on china space to tell them otherwise, and dartmouth essay writing it can hurt a candidate's chances of admission.

Flattery tells the admissions committee this person has nothing to analtical essay, say, he says. This person hasn't investigated the program to any significant extent. 4. Dartmouth Essay Writing! Allot time for rewriting: Writing the essay can take as few as two hours, says Brandon Royal, author of analtical essay Secrets to Getting Into Business School: 100 Proven Admissions Strategies to Get You Accepted at dartmouth, the MBA Program of Your Dreams. It's improving it that takes time. Your first draft, you try to thesis on china, get the information out. Your second draft, you refine it. You let it sit for a day at the least, maybe a couple of essay days, and then you go back and refine it again, says Royal.

5. Learn to edit yourself: It's pretty much a line exercise, says Royal, who graduated from the Booth School of Business at University of Chicago. He encourages applicants to analtical essay, take a pen and check off all-star sentences that are necessary for the essay. Anything without a check mark can go. Essay Writing! Most MBA programs are looking for candidates to answer four basic questions, he says. It all boils down to have you told the admissions committee who you are, where you're going, what have you done and why our particular school is the make right fit for you? Searching for a business school? Get our complete rankings of Best Business Schools.

Maximize Study Abroad as Premed Student. Students can strengthen their medical school applications through foreign experiences. GMAT Scores Rising At Top MBA Programs. The average GMAT score for incoming full-time students at the top schools increased 18 points over a decade, U.S. Essay Writing! News data show. Research Paper! Attending law school part time can provide flexibility now but may limit future opportunities. Top Computer Engineering Programs. Discover which computer science graduate schools are among the nation's best. Don't sacrifice quality by rushing to apply to business school. Choose a B-School for essay, Finance, Banking.

Look for a quantitatively rigorous curriculum and a variety of finance courses, experts suggest. Prep for Med School as a College Student. Use statistics and research paper available resources to ensure you are ready to apply to medical school. Strategies to Improve a College GPA. A low freshman GPA won't prevent students from getting accepted into graduate school. When applying, consider the dartmouth essay writing environment you desire and whether a joint recommendation letter is helpful. College Programs Offer a Path to Grad Degrees. Students interested in fields like law and medicine may want to consider accelerated degree programs. The POWERPREP ™ Online is FREE and features two full-length practice tests.

You can even choose to source in a research, practice in timed mode. Essay Writing! Try POWERPREP ™ Online now! ETS, the maker of the GRE ® General Test, offers FREE official prep that simulates the actual test. The POWERPREP ™ Online is FREE and noise statement features two full-length practice tests. You can even choose to practice in timed mode.

Try POWERPREP ™ Online now!

Write My Research Paper for Me -

English as A Lingua Franca Essay Sample. According to Merriam-Webster (2014), Lingua Franca is defined as a common language spoken among peoples with different native languages. Specifically, it has no geographic restriction, which means it could be an official and standard language that applied to cross-national diplomacy and could be a regional language utilized by peoples who speak different mother tongues as well. It is known as “bridge language”, “working language”, “vehicular language” and “trade language”. It functions as a medium to dartmouth essay writing, facilitate the communication among peoples with diversified language backgrounds.

English as a Lingua Franca (ELF) The term ELF is defined as “communication in English between speakers with different first languages” (Seidlhofer 2005, cited in thesis on china, Gu, Patkin and essay writing, Kirkpatrick 2014). A more detailed definition from Firth (1996), cited in Seidlhofer (2004), is get a quote paper that “it is a contact language between persons who share neither a common native tongue nor a (common) national culture, and for dartmouth essay writing whom English is chosen as foreign language of citing source research communication.” It is used by individuals from “linguacultural background” and speakers and locations of dartmouth essay ELF are changeable. ELF can occur among employees within an international corporate headquartered in Shanghai, over the internet and social media or just between two backpackers in a hostel in source in a research paper, Italy (Cogo 2012). World Englishes (WE) In general, World Englishes refers to all varieties of Englishes existed in the world today, particularly “new Englishes”-the localized or indigenized Englishes (Pakir 2009).

It is a sign of adaptation of dartmouth essay English in certain geographic areas. Business English Lingua Franca (BELF) BELF focuses on analtical essay, the application of English Lingua Franca in business circumstances, but whether it is dartmouth essay a neutral code of communication remains controversial. The supporters believe that it is neutral because it is not a mother tongue of anyone. Book Report! Besides, it is widely-used in global business where “BELF users and communicators” are participants and have the right to use it (Louhiala Salminen et al. 2005). The opposite views argues that ELF creators are from diverse cultural backgrounds which proves that this language is essay not cultural-neutral (Louhiala Salminen et al. 2005, in Meierkord 2012). The theory was lodged out by Benjamin Lee Whorf and is also known as Whorf Hypothesis.

Whorf believed that language shapes how we perceive the world and determine the way we think. He asserted that “every speech community fits the need of its culture”. A famous example would be Eskimos’ various words in a senior thesis, describing snow. Another would be sign language-a different system used by essay deaf people in daily communication (Bergman n.d.). Reasons for ELF. Wide Geographical Distribution. The historical reasons play an quote custom paper, indispensable role in shaping English into lingua franca. During the period of British Colonialism (17th and 18th centuries), English has been brought to America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Carrabin, South Africa and South Asia and English are well-established after years of development. Markedly, after the fall of the Britain Empire, Commonwealth of Nations was founded. Dartmouth Essay! Most of the members are from the former British Empire and new members from the read thesis, Africa and Asia are included which quickens the pace of essay English becoming lingua franca in those nations.

As a result, both the thesis on china, influence and the number of English speakers are substantial. In other words, English has been a worldwide phenomenon. Spread of Political and Economic Power. The spread of English is bound up with culture value transmission including political and economic element (Pennycook 1994). Dartmouth Essay Writing! “It is quote for a closely linked to dartmouth essay, national and increasingly non-national forms of culture and knowledge that are dominant in analtical essay, the world” (ibid.). In the late 19th century, America has become the most powerful country both in its economic and political influence. During the British colonialism times, the most effective way to expand the political and economic power is to force the essay, people from colonies to analtical essay, learn English, which seems to be an unfeasible approach in the contemporary world. Nowadays, the spread of political and economic power conceals behind every piece of product in Hollywood industry and every trade of advanced technologies and English has been an important medium during the whole process. In the current times, America is in the dominant position of the world, along with the promotion of the frequent use of essay English. Globalization, driven by technological upgrades in quote paper, media and communication tools, is a flow of capital, goods, personnel and writing, other resources around the world, generating new modes of global activity (Castells 1996, cited in Blommaert, p. 13). After the read thesis, Second World War, corporation among different countries has become more frequent with the process of globalization.

In the political field, the growing number of the foundation of global organizations, including WHO and NATO requires for a shared language in dartmouth essay writing, order to improve the work efficiency. Quote Custom! In terms of global business, a common trading language is needed during international trade and English has become the choice. In addition, other factors like cross-national advertising, pop music as well as education all serve as catalysts for English as a lingua franca for the reason that English language acts as a dominant medium during the information spreading. Implications for Management. The increasing awareness of language choice has taken place in global companies and during the “cross-national merger”. However, the language selection could be an intractable strategic decision and essay, the challenge is considerable (Maclean 2006; Louhiala Salminen et al. Thesis On China! 2005) given that the working staff are from dartmouth essay, diverse cultural backgrounds with different first languages. English as A Single Corporate Language. The adoption of English as the standardized language is a prevalent phenomenon in international companies. This is not only a strategy from English-speaking enterprises but it is frequently used by non-English speaking companies during their business expansion.

An example would be Siemens AG, whose language management strategy has experienced a process of the exclusive use of German, the analtical essay, equal emphasis on German and English and the dominant position of English application in writing, the current times (Maclean 2006). There exist several advantages of the application of English in in a research paper, corporations. Firstly, the single corporate language policy is instrumental in writing, improving the operation efficiency. Cross-border management and direct communication between the headquarters and subsidiaries would be more effective and time-saving. Secondly, English has been widely-used in report, international business throughout the world and the status of English in the contemporary world is writing unshakable (ibid.). This is based on the fact that English has become a lingua franca in business field. As has been mentioned above, some scholars have categorized it as Business English Language Franca (BELF) (Louhiala Salminen et al. 2005). Some regard it as a culture-neutral language while others deny the opinion for the terms are created by people from diverse races and colors. Thesis On China! According to Whorf Hypothesis, language is the determinant of people’s thoughts (Bergman n.d.).

Consequently, thoughts of those who don’t learn English as their first language are varied from those who learn English as their first language. English speakers from non-native English-speaking countries are affected by their native cultures. Essay! For native speakers of English, it is also a challenge to integrate into the group of those who learn English as a second language (Maclean 2006). As a result, the potential threat of the implementation of the single corporate language is that it could result in poor internal communication and read a senior thesis, misunderstandings among the employees from different cultural backgrounds, which, in return, will jeopardize the essay, working efficiency over the long haul. Furthermore, the flexibility of monolingual policy is doubted. For instance, some operational problems are culturally specific to a certain geographical region and cannot be described in English.

The emergence of the phenomenon is closely related to noise thesis statement, the local language and cultural atmosphere (ibid.). Multilingual Policy Adoption. Nordea has been a cross-national corporate resulted from two merging companies from Finland and Sweden. For Nordic countries where Finland and Sweden are included, English exerts very little influence in those countries and the development of English as a communication tool is a relatively new thing. The tradition lingua franca of these regions is Swedish which was what Nordea adopted as the corporate language at the beginning (Louhiala Salminen et al.

2005). However, Swedish has been replaced by English after the writing, occurrence of “internal political problems” which is not an ideal solution in the long run (Maclean 2006). As can been seen, the application of a single corporate language may worsen the current situation of non-English speaking corporation, adding more complexity to rather than simplify the existed environment especially when the third language is unfamiliar to most receivers in the organization. In this case, the relatively ideal solution is to take the advantage of the multilingual situation and explore the custom essay paper, possibilities of combining the existed language abilities of the essay writing, staff rather than force the analtical essay, employees to dartmouth writing, acquire a second language (Maclean 2006). The adoption of bilingual, trilingual or multilingual strategy is matched with the complexity of the language environment of a company (Dhir and Abiodun 2002, cited in quote custom essay paper, Maclean 2006). The Establishment of “Culture Three” A similar case study of language use and internal communication in two merger companies from Finland and Sweden was conducted. One is a Paper manufacturer and the other one is a bank group (Louhiala Salminen et al.

2005). The company has also experienced a process of language selection (from the adoption of dartmouth essay Swedish to English). However, despite cultural differences, the result of the study shows that there is “no evidence of conflicts or misunderstandings”. Besides, the study suggests that the shared value has formed within the a senior, company philosophy no matter whether it is because of the closeness of geography between Finland and Sweden or the working experience (ibid.). When referring to the culture disparity in dartmouth essay, business, a “culture three” which is out of the cultural differences should be established (Holden 2002, cited in Louhiala Salminen et al. Citing In A! 2005). Writing! In the case companies, the culture is neither Swedish nor Finnish. It is “a new combination where interaction proceeds smoothly and contains discoursal features of both cultures” (ibid.).

To achieve this goal, it needs to have a pragmatic language which is get a quote essay paper functional in day-to-day use and is effective and dartmouth essay, efficient in communication as well. Linguistic correctness is not the focus (ibid.). The grammar of such language may not be as authentic as native speakers but seldom impedes the communication and understandings. Implications for Non-native Speakers of English. English is no longer the language of native speakers and more business activities have taken place among non-native English speakers. As a result, English during business trade is more functional. The correctness of grammar, fluency and thesis on china, pronunciation of English play a less important role in the success of business.

Knowledge and effective communication are more vital in business interactions nowadays (Kankaanranta and Louhiala-Salminen 2010). As has been mentioned in the previous section, non-native English speakers are from diverse culture backgrounds and are deeply influenced by their indigenous culture. Therefore, all encounters between non-native English speakers are collapses of cultures which requires for a wider range of knowledge of the backgrounds of the non-native English speakers for the purpose of conflicts elimination (ibid.). Playfulness and Creative Use of Language. Here is an example of a conversation among non-native speakers of English. “Extract : the boat (Isabel: Portuguese; Nana: Japanese; Anna: Italian) Isabel: I mean we don’t have problems … we all get on essay, yeah Nana: yeah I think we are all on the same …on in… ah: what is it… on the same boat? Nana: yeah? … how do you say? On the same boat? Isabel: I don’t know yeah…on the same boat I think…on the bus on the train. Anna: anyway we understand you.

Isabel: yeah … we are all foreigners. Nana: all foreigners (laughing)” The context based on the discussion of the correctness of a preposition of an in a, English slang. Instead of saying “I don’t know”, Isabel plays the language by offering different suggestions which continues the dartmouth writing, conversation. The non-native English speakers burst into laughter by the “mockery” that “we are all foreigners”. Thesis On China! The foreign backgrounds are what bring the non-native English speakers together which in dartmouth essay writing, a way promote the communication and understandings among non-native speakers. Foldable! The creativity in English application reveals the dartmouth essay writing, optimistic attitude of being “non-native” (ibid.). Those who perceive English as imperialism claim that the popularity of English endangers the preservation and pollution thesis, survival of other native languages (Khan 2010). Essay Writing! Take Arabic language as an example. The government has input a large amount of money in correcting the false use of citing source in a native language since English has become the second language of the country (ibid.).

The opposing view has pointed out that the frequency of the second language application will not surpass that of the dartmouth, mother tongue consider that mother tongue is the most familiar and comfortable language for an individual, which, as a result, will not pose a threat to the survival of native languages (ibid.). Objectively speaking, the reason that some languages are on the brink of report extinction is not only derived from the writing, worldwide use of English, but because of the false language strategy implemented by the government. Children from wealthy family in Arabia have been sent abroad to study English at a young age, which gives rise to the ironical embarrassment that they are not good at either their mother tongue or English (ibid.). Similar situation happens in China. English ability has been an important criterion for college entrance examination. Even in postgraduate examination, applicants might be denied due to the poor performance in English exam regardless of the fact that the major he applies for is completely irrelevant to get a quote paper, English. In recent years, the ministry of education has realized the severity of the case and dartmouth writing, start to consider increase the thesis on china, percentage of Chinese subject in the college entrance examination while the total mark of English will be reduced from 150 points to 100 points. Furthermore, some Chinese educationists even point out dartmouth that English should not be included in college entrance examination after 2016. Instead, it could be an citing source in a research, elective course in high school. Overall, the widespread of English are potentially hazardous to the mother tongue or minority languages of non-native English speakers in a way, but the government’s policy are more important in native languages and cultures preservation.

Implications for Native Speakers of English. With the dartmouth writing, emergence of World Englishes and thesis, the trend of English as a Lingua Franca, English is no longer the exclusive language of native speakers. The native speakers of writing English are losing their language status as native English is not the only reference point (Maclean 2006). Besides, for native English speakers, English is the only language skill they master, which therefore limits their career opportunity. Mono-lingualism is also an encouragement of narrow-mindedness and ethnocentricity and is not advantageous to business development in the long run (ibid.). The English of noise pollution native speakers are only culturally specific to certain cultures.

They could not explain Singapore English, Indian English and dartmouth, other World Englishes. “They are no longer effective communicators” (ibid.). Bergman, J. (n.d). Benjamin Lee Whorf: An Early Supporter of Creationism [online] Available at: http://www.icr.org/article/6391/ [Accessed07 December2014] Blommaert, J. (2010) The Sociolinguistics of thesis on china Globalization. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Corgo, A. (2012).English as a Lingua Franca: concepts,use, and implications, ELT Journal 66(1): 97-105 Gu, M., Patkin, J. and Kirkpatrick, J. (2014). The dynamic identity construction in English as lingua franca intercultural communication: A positioning perspective. System 46: 131-142. Khan, R. Essay Writing! (2010). Linguistic Imperialism? [online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3TJe4jnqFo#t=22 [Accessed07December2014] Lingua Franca, Merriam-Webster (2014) [online] Available at: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lingua%20franca [Accessed08December2014] Louhiala-Salminen, L., Charles, M. and Kankaanranta, A. (2005).

English as a lingua franca in Nordic corporate mergers: Two case companies , English for Specific Purposes 24(2005): 401-421. Maclean, D. Analtical Essay! (2006). Beyond English. Transnational corporations and the strategic management of language in a complex multilingual business environment, Management Decision 44 (10): 1377-1390. Pakir, A. (2009). English as a lingua franca: analyzing research frameworks in international English, world Englishes, and ELF, World Englishes 28(2): 224-235. Pennycook, A. (1994).

The Cultural Politics of English as International Language. Longman, pp, 12-13. Is this the perfect essay for you? Save time and order English as A Lingua Franca. essay editing for only $13.9 per page. Top grades and quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for English as A Lingua Franca. Manfred Gorlach, a linguist from Germany, says that structure and dartmouth writing, lexicon are important items in a language. The simpler the structure the more people like to use the language. Compared… English is the language that you can’t ignore in a modern world.

It is linked every where to business education and analtical essay, communication and other various things. Essay Writing! The English language is… The power of English language in the world. The development of English as a universal language is a fact that we cannot deny, as we cannot deny that the language is inextricably tied to foldable, the culture of the… Ways to dartmouth essay, Improve Your English Speaking. English speaking has many values and thesis, is important for people in every country, people who meet with different people and share different culture. English language is going up the national… British English vs. American English.

As English continues to assert its dominance as a leading language used worldwide, it’s no wonder to learn that it is now an acknowledged global language and the standards that… English is essay known as global language. It is important for us to use in our lifeno matter it in read a senior, communication, business, self-confident improvement or education. Writing! Different language used in different…

Buy Essay Online -

How Much Homework Do American Kids Do? Various factors, from the race of the student to the number of years a teacher has been in the classroom, affect a child's homework load. Two Dark American Truths From Las Vegas. Did Manafort Use Trump to Curry Favor With a Putin Ally? Why Did the Islamic State Claim the writing Las Vegas Shooting?

In his Atlantic essay, Karl Taro Greenfeld laments his 13-year-old daughter's heavy homework load. Thesis On China! As an eighth grader at a New York middle school, Greenfeld’s daughter averaged about three hours of homework per night and adopted mantras like “memorization, not rationalization” to help her get it all done. Tales of the homework-burdened American student have become common, but are these stories the exception or the rule? A 2007 Metlife study found that 45 percent of students in essay writing, grades three to get a for a custom 12 spend more than an hour a night doing homework, including the six percent of students who report spending more than three hours a night on their homework. Essay! In the thesis on china 2002-2003 school year, a study out of the University of Michigan found that American students ages six through 17 spent three hours and 38 minutes per week doing homework. A range of factors plays into how much homework each individual student gets: Older students do more homework than their younger counterparts. This one is fairly obvious: The National Education Association recommends that homework time increase by ten minutes per year in school. Essay Writing! (e.g., A third grader would have 30 minutes of homework, while a seventh grader would have 70 minutes). Studies have found that schools tend to roughly follow these guidelines: The University of source, Michigan found that students ages six to essay eight spend 29 minutes doing homework per read a senior, night while 15- to 17-year-old students spend 50 minutes doing homework.

The Metlife study also found that 50 percent of students in grades seven to 12 spent more than an hour a night on homework, while 37 percent of students in dartmouth essay writing, grades three to six spent an make book, hour or more on their homework per night. Dartmouth! The National Center for Educational Statistics found that high school students who do homework outside of school average 6.8 hours of homework per statement, week. Metlife Survey of the American Teacher. Race plays a role in how much homework students do. Asian students spend 3.5 more hours on average doing homework per week than their white peers. However, only 59 percent of Asian students’ parents check that homework is done, while 75.6 percent of Hispanic students’ parents and writing, 83.1 percent of black students’ parents check. National Center for Educational Statistics. Teachers with less experience assign more homework. The Metlife study found that 14 percent of teachers with zero to five years of teaching experience assigned more than an hour of source research, homework per night, while only six percent of teachers with 21 or more years of teaching experience assigned over dartmouth essay writing, an hour of citing in a paper, homework. Metlife Survey of the American Teacher. Math classes have homework the dartmouth writing most frequently.

The Metlife study found that 70 percent of for a custom paper, students in grades three to 12 had at dartmouth essay, least one homework assignment in quote essay, math. Sixty-two percent had at least one homework assignment in a language arts class (English, reading, spelling, or creative writing courses) and 42 percent had at least one in a science class. Regardless of how much homework kids are actually doing every night, most parents and writing, teachers are happy with the way things are: 60 percent of parents think that their children have the “right amount of homework,” and 73 percent of teachers think their school assigns the right amount of homework. Students, however, are not necessarily on board: 38 percent of students in grades seven through 12 and thesis on china, 28 percent of dartmouth essay writing, students in grades three through six report being “very often/often” stressed out by their homework. What If Everyone Ate Beans Instead of Beef? What can an individual do about climate change? The easiest answer: make this one dietary switch.

Two Dark American Truths From Las Vegas. On the read a senior certainty of dartmouth writing, more shootings. Beyond the scores of people who have been killed and quote custom, the hundreds who have been wounded in Las Vegas today, thousands of dartmouth essay, other people, though not visibly or directly injured, have had their lives changed forever. Children and parents. Husbands and wives. Brothers and sisters. Something is instantly and permanently gone from their lives.

Co-workers and friends. Members of churches or sports leagues or the PTA. Customers and clients and students. Neighbors and casual acquaintances at noise pollution statement, the coffee shop or the bar. Essay! Their lives will be different and shadowed because of this massacre today. “Children, I want to explain why Coach Franklin won’t be leading our soccer team any more. Something bad happened, and . ” Did Manafort Use Trump to Curry Favor With a Putin Ally? Emails turned over to investigators detail the former campaign chair's efforts to please an oligarch tied to the Kremlin.

On the evening of April 11, 2016, two weeks after Donald Trump hired the citing source in a research paper political consultant Paul Manafort to writing lead his campaign’s efforts to citing in a paper wrangle Republican delegates, Manafort emailed his old lieutenant Konstantin Kilimnik, who had worked for him for a decade in dartmouth writing, the Ukrainian capital, Kiev. “I assume you have shown our friends my media coverage, right?” Manafort wrote. “Absolutely,” Kilimnik responded a few hours later from Kiev. “Every article.” “How do we use to analtical essay get whole,” Manafort asks. “Has OVD operation seen?” According to a source close to Manafort, the initials “OVD” refer to writing Oleg Vladimirovich Deripaska, a Russian oligarch and in a research, one of writing, Russia’s richest men.

The source also confirmed that one of the analtical essay individuals repeatedly mentioned in the email exchange as an dartmouth writing, intermediary to Deripaska is an custom essay paper, aide to the oligarch. Why Did the Islamic State Claim the Las Vegas Shooting? Assessing the group’s puzzling statement. This morning, the Islamic State’s semi-official news agency, Amaq, took credit for dartmouth writing, the Las Vegas massacre, which killed 58 and wounded another 515. The likely killer, identified by police as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock of Mesquite, Nevada, was not known to noise statement be a supporter of the Islamic State, or indeed a Muslim of any type.

For now, the only evidence that the Islamic State was involved is its own assurance—first a press release announcing that a “soldier of the Islamic State” executed the concertgoers, and a follow-up for the baffled, explaining that he converted to Islam months ago. The FBI has stated that it doesn’t believe the attack was related to dartmouth writing international terrorism. The sun has barely risen on Las Vegas, and there may be blood still slick on the Strip. Speculation about make book report, mass shootings in the hours after they occur is not just a fool’s game but an impatient fool’s. Evidence will be forthcoming, and these assertions by the Islamic State will be tested against reality. Dartmouth Essay Writing! But already I hear a familiar chorus of doubt: The Islamic will “take credit for foldable report, anything,” it says, “even hurricanes.” “If he does remain, it will be yet another sign of the collapse of self respect among those who are now willing to serve in writing, senior positions in citing in a research, government.” There is nothing more to be said about the depth of Donald Trump’s ignorance or his more consequential lack of character—his selfishness, his cruelty, his caprice, his vanity, his vindictiveness, his malignant narcissism. We know all that. What is more interesting is what it will yield.

Last Friday, he kicked off his weekend by firing off a set of essay writing, abusive tweets at Carmen Yulin Cruz, the a senior thesis beleaguered mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico. The explanation was not hard to essay glean: the U.S. territory is a disaster zone in the wake of the devastation wrought by Hurricane Maria; he had not paid much attention to the sufferings of several million Americans for reasons easily guessed, and took a bludgeoning in get a quote custom paper, the media for his negligence. And so after Cruz insisted that the plight of her city wasn’t “a good news story,” Trump decided to heap abuse on the strained leader of a suffering city. A decent president who thought Mayor Cruz’s reproaches unjustified would have gently ignored them, and perhaps pointed out what the federal government has done and can do for Puerto Rico. But then again, a decent man would not have repeatedly sneered at dartmouth essay, and damned an 81-year-old war hero with a lethal cancer. Republican strategists have come to the unnerving conclusion that no one in their party—not even Donald Trump—has absolute influence over the unruly populist movement that swept him into office. Seven years after Republicans first seized on the unruly rise of the Tea Party as a vehicle for analtical essay, winning elections, GOP leaders are confronting a stark reality: They have lost all control and comprehension of the populist movement they were supposed to dartmouth essay be marshaling—and they may soon be facing a mutiny. The volatile dynamic inside the Republican Party was thrown into sharp relief last week when Roy Moore—a fringe relic of the fading religious right—emerged victorious in Alabama’s GOP Senate primary, defeating the establishment incumbent President Trump had endorsed. With the dust still settling, many Washington Republicans are mystified—and alarmed—by the fact that not even Donald “Drain the Swamp” Trump had enough populist cred to swing a primary race to analtical essay his candidate in deep-red Alabama. While the GOP’s class of dartmouth, professional strategists are generally ambivalent at best when it comes to the president, they had taken a certain comfort in noise pollution statement, believing that he was fully in dartmouth essay writing, command of his base.

The assumption allowed them to draw conclusions about what his voters wanted, how to citing in a research cater to essay writing them—and how to avoid drawing their wrath. A small group of programmers wants to change how we code—before catastrophe strikes. T here were six hours during the night of April 10, 2014, when the entire population of Washington State had no 911 service. People who called for help got a busy signal. One Seattle woman dialed 911 at least 37 times while a stranger was trying to break into her house. When he finally crawled into her living room through a window, she picked up a kitchen knife. Noise Pollution Thesis! The man fled. The 911 outage, at dartmouth writing, the time the largest ever reported, was traced to software running on a server in in a paper, Englewood, Colorado. Operated by a systems provider named Intrado, the server kept a running counter of how many calls it had routed to dartmouth essay 911 dispatchers around the country. Intrado programmers had set a threshold for how high the counter could go.

They picked a number in in a research, the millions. Why Trump Humiliated His Own Secretary of State. It’s not really about Rex Tillerson. It’s about the president’s need to cast somebody in essay, the role of feckless wimp. Why, on Sunday morning, did Donald Trump humiliate his secretary of analtical essay, state by essay writing, tweeting that Rex Tillerson “is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man”? In policy terms, it makes no sense. Foldable Report! If Trump wants to break off diplomatic discussions with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (which is in itself lunatic, but that’s a different column), why not inform Tillerson privately? Why destroy Tillerson’s already meager credibility and thus render him useless as a negotiator in the future? The most plausible answer lies in dartmouth essay, the realm not of thesis statement, policy but of image. Trump, by his own admission, rarely reads.

He knows little about domestic or international affairs. But he loves movies and according to one estimate, watches five hours of television a day. Dartmouth Essay Writing! For 14 years, he starred in a reality TV show. How did Josh Tetrick’s vegan-mayo company become a Silicon Valley darling—and what is he really selling? O n a recent Friday morning, Josh Tetrick, the make foldable book 37-year-old CEO and co-founder of Hampton Creek, fixed his unblinking blue eyes on a job candidate.

The pair was sitting at a workstation near the entrance to the company’s warehouselike San Francisco headquarters, where Tetrick frequently holds meetings in plain view of the writing company’s more than 130 employees. Around Tetrick—a muscular ex-linebacker in jeans and a T-shirt—was even more Tetrick: a poster of him watching Bill Gates eat a muffin, a framed photograph of read a senior, him with a golden retriever, an employee’s T-shirt emblazoned with “What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?”—one of Tetrick’s many slogans. (Others include “What would it look like if we just started over?” and “Be gorilla.”) The Worst Mass Shooting in Modern American History. A gunman opened fire during a country-music show at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in essay, Las Vegas, killing at least 58 people and injuring hundreds more. At least 58 people have died and hundreds have been injured Sunday night at a country-music concert in Las Vegas, the worst mass shooting in U.S. history, the Las Vegas police department said. Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said during a press conference that two police officers are in pollution, the hospital, one in critical condition and one with minor injuries.

At least one other off-duty officer has died. Dartmouth Writing! As for those injured, “we are using the a senior thesis number of dartmouth essay, 515,” Lombardo said on Monday morning. “As you can tell, as the hours go by, that number continues to increase.” The Las Vegas Police Department confirmed early Monday the suspected shooter is Stephen Paddock, age 64, who is dead. Analtical Essay! A police statement said Paddock was found dead when a SWAT team breached the essay writing hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel from where Paddock had opened fire on the crowd of in a research, more than 22,000 who were attending the Route 91 Harvest Festival concert across the street. Dartmouth Essay! Police also located a female “companion” to the shooter named Marilou Danley. They later said Danley was located out of the country and was “no longer being sought out as a person of noise, interest.” During an earlier press conference, Lombardo described the suspected shooter as “a lone-wolf-type actor.” The foundation of Donald Trump’s presidency is the negation of Barack Obama’s legacy. It is dartmouth, insufficient to state the obvious of Donald Trump: that he is a white man who would not be president were it not for this fact. With one immediate exception, Trump’s predecessors made their way to high office through the passive power of whiteness—that bloody heirloom which cannot ensure mastery of all events but can conjure a tailwind for most of them. Land theft and human plunder cleared the grounds for Trump’s forefathers and barred others from it.

Once upon thesis on china, the field, these men became soldiers, statesmen, and scholars; held court in Paris; presided at Princeton; advanced into dartmouth essay the Wilderness and then into the White House. Their individual triumphs made this exclusive party seem above America’s founding sins, and it was forgotten that the thesis statement former was in fact bound to the latter, that all their victories had transpired on cleared grounds. No such elegant detachment can be attributed to Donald Trump—a president who, more than any other, has made the awful inheritance explicit. What If Everyone Ate Beans Instead of Beef? What can an individual do about climate change? The easiest answer: make this one dietary switch.

Research shows that using curse words can persuade everyone from voters to writing your co-workers. Meeting the thesis Son of Your Sister’s Killer. In an exclusive excerpt from essay writing The Witness , Kitty Genovese's brother gets close to confronting her murderer. Get 10 issues a year and save 65% off the cover price.